Pages

Sunday 5 January 2014

A New Year A New Start

So its 2014 Happy New Year everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful xmas and New Year with your loved ones. I know I did and my MD stayed at bay which made it even better. New years resolutions well I don't have any I'm afraid. I don't believe in them never have it's like setting yourself up for a failure and then you just end up beating yourself up and feeling rotten. I do have a couple of areas I wish to improve upon these include my blog writing. I want to write more posts and try and post more regularly. I now have my new specs which will help with the headaches and blurred vision I suffer as a result of my MD. I have also bought a kindle Fire for Ben for xmas which is what I am using now to write this post so I can post from the comfort of my bed even when I'm not feeling to good. We got a very good deal on the kindle it cost £100 instead of £169 and its a 16GB instead of an 8GB. Ben is delighted with it and I can see mummy will be getting plenty of use out of it also lol. I also want to work on another area my finances I have reduced them a lot this year and now have just £6475 left to pay off until I am completely debt free. I intend to put every spare penny towards debt repayment and hope to have this paid off by June when Lee and I will then start saving for our wedding in 2016. Although I have always been very honest with you all that I am in debt and how much in debt I am I have never shared specific numbers with you. I guess embarrassment has prevented me from doing so however I have decided to share with you a specific breakdown of what I owe and to whom and will update these figures monthly. Hopefully by making it public it will encourage me to keep on track with the repayment schedule I have devised for myself. So here we go

Wonga short term loan £1441
Marisota catalogue £671
Very catalogue £814
Argos scorecard £535
Jewellery in pawn shop £300
Provident doorstep loan £714
Overdraft £2000

I sincerely hope you will not judge me based on my debts and who they are to it has been very hard but I have got these figures down a lot over the last year and hope to get rid of them completely over the next 6 months ready for a whole new start. A New Year a new start as the title states.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

3 comments:

  1. No one's judging you Clare - we're all human and we all have to do things to get by especially when you have children - I know I had to when my 3 children were little - you're doing a grand job working on reducing them which is a lot more than some people manage - Don't be so hard on yourself and take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trudie I was a little apprehensive about sharing amounts and creditors but after your kind words I am glad I did. Anyway off for a late night snack of 9p croissants and 19p ginger muffins oh how I love my yellow sticker shopping lol Much Love xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Toni thanks for the link I will definitely be checking that out when I have some spare time xxx

    ReplyDelete