Pages

Thursday 4 April 2013

A good few days and more debt reduction

After two weeks of not seeing the Mr we have had a lovely 4 days together. We both missed each other very much so it was nice to get some quality time together. He also had a nice surprise for me he has booked  some holiday and we have a block of 12 free days to spend together which coincides with our one year anniversary. We was hoping to get a few days away but I am having trouble finding someone to look after the boys for a couple of nights. We have decided on a movie (Lee has 2 free tickets on his loyalty card and we will take snacks and drinks in my over sized hand bag) and a meal (we will decide where nearer the time and research for deals and vouchers beforehand).

We had a lovely meal out the other day with 2 of my little monsters don't worry it was done on the cheap but it was sooooo nice to get out the house for a bit. We went to a hungry horse where you can get 2 good sized meals for £8.49 they also had a deal on the kids meals of £1 a meal for each paying adult so a meal for 2 adults and 2 children cost £10.49 we also treated ourselves to a huge candy mania dessert which was enough for the 4 of us and cost £4.99 not bad for a family of 4 and the boys got to play on the adventure playground for free to.

I have been shopping today and got quite a few yellow sticker reductions. I got 2 stuffed chicken joints with bacon reduced from £4 to £2, I got a 4 pack of breakfast muffins reduced from 50p to 25p, a pack of ham and cheese tortillini reduced from £1 to 55p, 3 packs of 2 steak slices reduced from £1.60 to 75p a pack, 2 large cottage pies reduced from £2.30 to £1.25 each, 3 packs of 2 chicken kievs reduced from £1.29 to 55p each, and a pack of Thomas the tank engine yogurts reduced from £1 to 50p. Original price £23.77 price I paid was £11.70 a saving of £12.07 and there is enough food here to provide the 4 of us with hot evening meals for the next 8 days.

I have reached another milestone on my debt reduction journey today I paid off the balance on my second debt a store card for £500. This is the second debt I have cleared completely now. I have also reduced my overdraft by £700 saving me £31 a month in interest charges. In total since starting the snowball method mid February  I have paid off £2300 reducing my total debt from £9500 to £7200 my goal of being debt free by xmas 2013 is looking very good I just have to keep this up.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment