Pages

Sunday 14 April 2013

30 ways to save £1

In celebration of the £1 coins 30th birthday here are my 30 ways to save £1 or thereabouts.

1= Yellow sticker reductions..... these are the end of day items that are reduced right down in price at the supermarket.

2= Look for free local events at your library or information center..... I am taking my 3 boys to a free showing of Madagascar 3 tomorrow if my MD allows me.

3= Invest in a railcard...... it costs £28 a year but has paid for itself and saved me £'s over the year.

4= Make homemade gifts ...... saves you money and is so much more personal than something you have picked up in a shop.

5= My favourite Make Do And Mend....... does that pair of trousers really need to be replaced or can you sew up that hole.

6=Order bulk food shopping online....... this will save you £s on impulse buys and you can often find codes for free delivery.

7= When buying a must have item look for codes and vouchers online first. Incorporate point 8= Use a cashback site such as Quidco and get cashback on your purchase.

9= Always buy second hand where possible you can get good quality items second hand and will save yourself £s

10= Rather than your children having a hot dinner at school give them packed lunches. Based on the average cost of school dinners costing £10 per child per week you can save yourself a good few pounds doing this.

11= Incorporate vegetarian meals into your weekly food planner meat is getting increasingly expensive so by doing this you will save money and there are some yummy vegetarian dishes about.

12= Look out for sales at your local charity shops I just recently got 5 tops and jumpers for my boys at £3.60 for the lot in a half price charity shop sale.

13= Stand by watch...... I go around my house several times a day making sure everything that is not in use is switched off at the mains.

14=   No heating on ......we already use electric blankets and extra clothes to save here but I will be buying a oil filled radiator to replace my electric fire which we only have on for a few hours in the early evening to warm the frontroom when its really cold.

15= Only have the hot water tank on every other day (it lasts really it does)

16= 5 minute showers

17= Set the timer on my washing machine just before I go to bed so that the washing machine comes on at night when the electric is cheaper.

18= First thing in the morning put the washing on the line to dry if its still damp when its brought in or if its raining and cant go on the line put it on airers around the house to dry.

19= Use a mini oven instead of a main oven (I have read that these use a lot less energy and can be purchased at quite reasonable prices)

20= Use a site called Qmee it rewards you for your internet searches I have £2.58 in my piggy bank already.

21= Get paid to read emails, watch videos, and play games it wont pay a fortune but over time you will earn a few £s I have a little over £15 in my account from doing this. www.inboxpounds.co.uk

22= On a day out with the kids take a picnic it will save you a fortune in food costs.

23= Switch your tv package to freeview

24= Look out for clothes swap partys or even better hold one yourself.

25= Save grey water to flush the toilet

26= Use the free Tesco bus most areas have one

27= Ditch expensive party venues and party cakes. Have a party at home and bake your own cake.

28= Stop going to the hairdresser and beauty therapist and do it yourself. If you really cant do it yourself volunteer as a model at your local college its a lot cheaper than going to a salon.

29= Use sites such as freecycle, freegle, and just for the love of it.

30= Switch to value brand foods they often taste just as good and work out £s cheaper on your monthly shop.

I could go on but I wont. If you have a blog and would like to earn £1 per money saving tip upto a total of £30 go to http://www.moneysupermarket.com/30-ways-to-save-1-pound/


Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment