Pages

Friday 12 April 2013

Clothes, Octopus, And Fun

We have had a lovely few days here as the Mr was off of work so we got him for a whole 3 days. Today we went to have a look in the charity shops for a water proof coat for the Mr. He cycles to and from work so he needs a good warm water proof but the one he has needs replacing as it has a big tear in it. We didn't find one but we did find a few other goodies. I got Brandon a Thomas the tank engine train for 50p and a teddy bear (he loves and collects teddies) for 50p and I got Ben an xbox game for £1.50. The prices some of the charity shops are charging now has gone through the roof however we do have a local air ambulance charity shop who's prices are very reasonable. Today they had a half price sale on all clothing bedding and linens. I got 2 long sleeved t-shirts for Ben, a jumper for Brandon, a long sleeved t-shirt for Brandon, and a Lonsdale sweater for Brandon total price came to £3.60. We also took the boys to the park for an hour on the way home and let them burn off some energy which they really enjoyed. The Mr has now gone home as he has 3 day shifts to do starting tomorrow and then he will be off for 12 days straight something me and the boys are greatly looking forward to. Lee is an amazing man he came into my life a year ago on the 21st of this month knowing I had MD and that 2 of my 3 boys have Autism. None of this has put him off in fact he is a major part of the family and the kids have grown very attached to him and love him just as much as I do. I love the way he cares about the boys he always ask how their day was at school, plays games and puzzles with them, helps them in anyway he can. He cares about their education asking if he can come to parents evening with me and last night he rubbed vicks on Ben's chest and neck because he could not breath, he always comes to their school plays even if it means taking a day off work to do so. I have no doubt that one day he will be an amazing step father to my boys and I am so thankful that they finally have a stable supportive man in their lives.



It is our one year anniversary on the 21st and we are going out for an evening meal to our favourite italian restaurant. As I very rarely go out in the evenings and it is a special occasion I wanted to get something nice to wear but did not want to pay the earth. I got this little beauty this evening on ebay it is brand new with tags and cost £75 when bought from the shop. I paid just £2.78 with £3.80 p&p so a saving of £68.42. I will wear it with a pair of black leggings (already have), silver costume jewellery (already have), and a pair of flat black dolly shoes (already have).



I have been doing a little more work on the scarf I am knitting as a xmas present I still don't know who this one will be for but will probably give it to one of my sisters as they are both fans of pink.



I also made a toy octopus for Brandon this week. We saw it on a kids television programme and Brandon mentioned he would like one. It was quick and easy to make and I had all the needed items laying around the house. Here's the how to


You will need one large sock, an elastic band, a piece of ribbon, dry rice, a pair of scissors, 2 googly eyes, some felt tip pens, and PVA glue


Take your sock and fill with dry rice till you have the octopus' head shape. Use your elastic band to section off the head from the rest of the body making sure it is nice and tight so none of the rice leaks. Now tie your piece of ribbon around the elastic band this will disguise the elastic band and give the octopus a nice looking neck tie.


Now take your scissors (I used my dress making scissors) and cut the sock from the ankle up to the head shape to create the octopus' legs. Use a small blob of PVA glue to stick the eyes in place and use your felt pens to draw on his nose and smile.


There are so many possibilities with this you can use different size socks to create a family of octopus', you can use different coloured socks to give a funky appearance, you can do different facial expressions, you could even use wool to give him a bit of hair if you want to. 




Give this boy a pad of paper for drawing and a homemade teddy and he is happy as Larry.





So as you can see we have had lots of fun over the last few days we have got some good quality clothing very cheaply, I made an octopus for Brandon, and we have had fun for free.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment