Pages

Thursday 4 July 2013

Summer Holidays Are On The Way

Well it is almost that time of year again the school summer holidays are almost upon us and boy have I been busy making plans for this over the last few weeks. I have leaflets detailing events at our local libraries and museums, I have looked at cheap days out at theme parks, and I have made plans for camping trips and visits to family and friends. August is almost completely booked up now which is a relief. Brad will be going on a ten day camping trip with an organization that specifically caters for teenagers with special needs. The cost of the trip is 350 pounds however there is a small pot of money to offer those on low incomes a free place and Brad has been lucky enough to secure one of the free places. They do ask for a donation towards the cost of the trip and I have agreed to pay 100 pounds towards the cost. This is the most I can afford to contribute and they are very happy with this amount as most families only give around 20 pounds towards the cost. I had to give what I felt was fair and 100 pound for a ten day trip seems more than fair to me. If I had the money I would pay the full 350 but am just not in a position to do so right now. Now that I am aware of the trip I will put money aside monthly so that Brad can go again next year and I will be in a position to pay the full cost of the trip and the free place can then go to another deserving child. They also very kindly lend the kids any equipment they do not have so that we as parents do not have the added expense of going out and buying a load of new camping equipment for the trip. Brad and Ben will also be spending five days with their dad and step mother and I will be doing several day trips with Brandon while they are away to ensure he does not miss out. Brad and Ben will also be going to their nan in Wales for ten days again I will be doing lots of day trips and maybe an overnight in Weymouth so that Brandon does not miss out. Despite Brandon not being Dee's grandson she never leaves him out and would have happily had him for the ten days also. However due to his toileting issues I felt it best that Brandon stay at home with me this time around. So this is how our summer holiday calendar looks at the moment although there may be a few day trips thrown in here and there in addition.

Thursday 25th July Trowbridge Tudors cost is free and all 3 boys will be coming and it is Brads birthday that day.
Saturday 27th July Brad goes away for ten days camping cost 100 pounds.
Tuesday 30th July Summer safari workshop cost is free and Ben and Brandon will be coming as Brad is away camping.
Thursday 1st August Picnic at the park cost is free and Ben and Brandon will be coming as Brad is away camping.
Friday 2nd August Stumpy's decorate it day cost is 1.50 each and Ben and Brandon will be coming as Brad will still be away camping.
Monday 5th August Brad and Ben will be going to their dads for 5 days.
Thursday 8th August Creative collages cost is free and Brandon will be coming as Brad and Ben will be at their dads.
Friday 9th August Make a mobile workshop cost is free and Brandon will be coming as Brad and Ben are not due back from their dads till later in the afternoon.
Monday 12th August Day trip to Longleat cost unsure as yet (we get discount tickets due to disabilities and being carers) all 3 boys will be coming.
Tuesday 13th August Summer safari clay modeling cost is free and I will be taking all 3 boys.
Thursday 15th August Luscious Landscapes workshop cost is free and I will be taking all 3 boys.
Friday 16th August Brad and Ben will be going to visit their Nanny in Wales for ten days.
Saturday 17th August Carry on card weaving workshop cost is free and I will be taking Brandon as Brad and Ben will be in Wales.
Monday 19th August An over night in Weymouth cost unsure as yet and I will be taking Brandon as Brad and Ben will be in Wales.
Wednesday 21st August Flowery felts workshop cost is free and I will be taking Brandon as Brad and Ben will be in Wales.
Thursday 22nd August Treasure chests workshop cost is free and I will be taking Brandon as Brad and Ben will be in Wales.
Saturday 24th August Picnic at the park cost is free and I will be taking Brandon as Brad and Ben will be in Wales.
Tuesday 27th August Fun with wool workshop cost is free and I will be taking all 3 boys.

So as you can see lots has been booked and the boys will be kept very busy this summer holidays. Hopefully this will make my life easier as they wont have a chance to get bored and play up which will equal a happy mummy :)

See You Soon
Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

1 comment: