Pages

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Back To Normal Life

Hello everyone. We are now back in to our usual routine after being away for the weekend all the washing has been washed, dried, and put away, the shopping has been done (not much needed as we are still eating down the freezer I reckon I have a good 2 weeks of food in there). It's a good job I'm on top of everything as I have come down with a horrible cough and cold. I have a banging headache, stiff neck and joints, sore throat, bunged up and can't breath properly, and a yucky cough. Paracetamol and ibuprofen are my best friends right now that and lots of rest. So I am spending most of the day on the sofa either watching TV or reading but at least I don't have the worry of housework not being done. The good thing about being stuck at home unwell is I can't spend any money. I don't spend much when I am out anyway but being stuck in I can't spend anything which is good for my purse :)
For dinner tonight we will be having roast beef (yellow sticker), roast pots, Yorkshire puds, mixed veg, and gravy. Total cost 2.84 and will serve four of us so 71p per person.

I want to share something I have been thinking about since I got back from my trip to London. My family are very different to me and they don't really get the frugal homebody thing. They seemed to gang up on me a bit at the weekend (Lee included) that I don't go out and do stuff enough. That I should be going out with my friends and doing STUFF. I tried to explain that I do go out occasionally but that with my MD it can be difficult at times and that I prefer to be at home with my little family and enjoying my hobbies. I explained that I have interests such as jewellery making, knitting, reading, and learning how to sew, that I enjoy baking, making my own laundry detergent and such like. According to my family this makes me old before my time and I was referred to as grandma. I have to say this hurt a little especially coming from the Mr as I thought he would have defended the things I do in the home as he benefits from these things when he is here. I realise that simple living is not for everyone but it is a life that I enjoy, a life that has shown me the meaning of true happiness, a life that has enabled me to pay off almost 5000 pounds of debt in just under 6 months. Although their words hurt I am pleased to say that it has only made me stronger in my views and I will not be changing my lifestyle for anyone or anything I love my life just the way it is. So to my family and the Mr as much as I love you all it's a big two fingers up to you all now go pick on someone else lol.

See You Soon
Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

2 comments:

  1. Nice one Claire - be true to yourself - thats what matters - people at work look at me as if I'm daft because we don't go abroad each year but we're happy in our little home or some where in this country so you're not alone xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trudie it's having the blog and online communities that help me to stay strong when things like that happen. I love my family dearly but they obviously have no idea what makes me tick lol xxx

      Delete