Pages

Saturday 18 August 2012

No communication weekend

A lot of things have been happening here recently and not all of them are good. I wont go into detail as it is a private family matter but that combined with the awfull day I had yesterday left me wanting to run away from the world (aside from Lee and the children of course). So I decided I would have a no communication weekend facebook is banned and I have switched my phone off so no one can get hold of me. Today has been the first day and I have to say it has been bliss. Just me and the ones I love, the ones who make me happy and smile. It has been great weather here today so we put the pool up for the boys to play in they had great fun and Lee joined in too getting a little splashed in the process. Here are some pictures




Whilst Lee and the boys were playing outside I made some yummy homemade cookies using my basic cookie recipie which can be found in a previous blog post.




Lee and Ben also broke out the board game The Simpsons. It made me smile watching them both being so competitive with each other and Ben changing the rules as he went along.


I cooked a lovely spagetti carbonara which everyone agreed tasted delicous. Now Brandon is in the bath, Lee and Ben are playing a game on the laptop, and after I finish this post I will be putting some washing away, doing the dinner dishes, and running the hoover round before getting the boys to bed and setteling down to a film with Lee.

Last week we went to do some shopping in the next town (there are a lot more shops than in our village high street). To celebrate the olympics they had a climbing wall the children were allowed to use for free. Ben of course had a go which impressed me a great deal as he has a fear of hights. Here are some pictures.








Last weekend we went to visit family in London it was the first time Lee had met some of them so he was a little nervous. He had no reason to be nervous at all my family welcomed him with open arms and made him feel very welcome. It was nice to be able to show Lee where I grew up I was brought up in a rather rough area so it was nice to show him how well I have done for myself in moving away from that lifestyle and creating a simple life for me and my boys in the country. Here are some of the pictures taken while we was away.


Brad and Ben two of my three sons



Brad, Ben, and Brandon my three boys together



My brother Craig with his partner Chrissy and her son Adam



My mum with all her children together



Me with my brothers and sisters



My mum with my three boys and her grandsons



And finaly me and Lee with the boys


I have decided to open an etsy shop selling the craft items I make. I will have a good range of products at affordable prices. I will have items such as Jewellery, Teddy bears, Cards, Headbands, Scarfs as well as other items. I have just about finished the technical side of things so am now concentrating on making some stock for the shop which I hope to have on sale within the next few weeks. I will blog about this nearer the time and there will be an ad for the shop in my sidebar if you wish to have a look at my items.




Much Love
Claire xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment