Pages

Monday 30 July 2012

Sunday

Today has been mostly housework with some baking thrown in for good measure. I tidied and hoovered the house and opened all the windows to get some air into the place. Throughout the day I was doing washing and washing up and by lunch time was on top of all my household duties so decided to do a little baking. First I made some delicious homemade bread again I found it very difficult to slice even with the guide I bought to help me. So today I went out and bought an electric knife which seems to do the job perfectly.



I then decided to make some cookies using a basic biscuit recipie. (see below)






Basic cookie recipie
225g Butter
110g Castor sugar
275g Plain flour
100g Chocolate chips

Place butter into a big bowl and soften. Once softened add the sugar and mix untill it is combined together. Then sift the flour in and add the chocolate chips. Mix well once the mixture gets to stiff to mix with a spoon use your hands to mix all the ingrediants together till you have a nice ball of cookie dough ready for cutting or shaping.
Depending on the size you want your cookies (My kids like them large) take a small ball of the cookie dough and shape into a disc and place on a baking tray. When you have got all your cookies shaped on the tray pop them in the oven at 180 for 10-15 minutes. I would suggest keeping an eye on them as you want them nice and golden not burnt and every oven varies.


Next I made some yogurt ice lollies a very cheap, healthy, refreshing treat for the kids this summer. I got some lolly makers in pound land it cost me a pound and they make 12 ice lollies. Simply pour the yogurt into the holders and frezze. I got 14 lollies out of four yogurts so the total cost was less than 2 and half pence per lolly.





For dinner tonight we had chicken, roast potatoes, and sweetcorn. I had some potatoes that were turning and sprouting so wanted to use them up so made roast potatoes with them. I also had some chicken breasts that were one day out of date so cut them into bite size pieces and dry fried them. It saved throwing some good food away and provided us with a good hearty meal.




Much Love
Claire xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment