Pages

Saturday 28 July 2012

Brad's 14th Birthday

Fourteen years ago I gave birth to my beautiful special boy Bradley. The time has passed so quickly and it seems like only yesterday that I brought this cute little bundle home with me. I had so many hopes and dreams for my little one. Over the years those hopes and dreams have changed due to the discovery of Brad's autism and an understanding of how this will limit his life somewhat. This amazing, talented, gorgeous young man has suparsed all expectations of him. When he was diagnosed I was told he may never walk, talk, and would proberly remain in nappies and pads as he got older. Bradley has achieved so much in his life he walks, talks, and has been toilet trained since he was five in spite of what we were told. He is even taking a few of his G.C.S.E's something I never in a million years expected to happen. He has so much more to deal with than most children his age. He has to deal with everyday life which is a struggle with his condition, he has to deal with narrow minded bullies who think he is weird just because he is different to the rest of society, and the one that truely breaks my heart he has to deal with the knowledge that he is different to everyone else when all he wants is to be the same. In spite of all this Brad is always cheerfull, he is funny, and he always gives 100%, he nearly always has a smile on his face and a spring in his step. I am so proud of my little baby who is now a young man and would not change him for all the money in the world. I love you Bradley more than words can ever express.



 Here is the birthday cake I made for Brad. He does not like cake as such but does like cornflake cakes so I made a huge one and decorated it as normal. Im sorry I didnt blog the process as I said I would but it was rather a busy hectic day that day.



I decided to take the boys to Weymouth to celebrate Brads birthday and I must confess it was a very unfrugal day in total I spent £90 but that was transport, food & drink, and activities. I decided I wanted to spoil my boys for the day as it was a special occassion. Here are some pictures from our day at the beach.





















A special day for a very special boy.

Much Love
Claire xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment