Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2013

A Very Late £1 A Day Challenge Final Costings And Thoughts And Feelings On The Challenge

Well again sorry this post is so very late I have been struggling quite badly the last week or so with my MD. Here are the final costings

Day 1 = 71p
Day 2 = £1.02
Day 3 = 79p
Day 4 = 76p
Day 5 = £1.31
Day 6 = £1.10
Day 7 = 49p
Toiletries including toilet roll = 87p
Cleaning products including washing liquid and washing up liquid = 27p

Total costs for the week = £7.32

Ok so I went over by 32p not to bad and it just goes to prove how little it is possible to live on. Ok not the most balanced of diets and not enough fruit and veg. But beggers cant be choosers and the purpose of my challenge was to see if I could survive on just £7 for the week for food, drink, transportation, and entertainment and I almost did going over my budget by just a few pennies. I enjoyed the challenge but would not relish the idea of living like this on a daily basis. A few times I saw something I really fancied but had to tell myself NO. It is possible to live like this with lots of end of day trips to the supermarket and value range products. Whilst I am frugal in my day to day life anyway I do like the occassional treat and found it hard to tell myself NO at times. I had to remind myself people across the UK are having to live like this on a daily basis and not just for a week as I was doing. As a result of this challenge I have decided to buy £2 a week of value products to donate to my local food bank. Its not much but it will help someone who is living below the bread line.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment