Pages

Monday 6 July 2015

July so far

Hello readers
July has been a pretty hectic month for us here at Tilly Towers so far and things are only just settling down for us. In my previous post I mentioned my unexpected windfall which has allowed me to pay off all my debts in one go and set up savings accounts for all 3 boys. The 1st of July came round and I have to say it was very strange not having to pay any debts this month just regular bills which have been reduced as much as possible. It was actually a good job I didn't have debts to pay this month as miss Elle Belle had an emergency run to the vets which ended up costing me a little shy of £500. She broke one of her teeth and infection had set in. She had to have surgery to remove the tooth as well as the initial visit, an xray, 2 follow up visits, antibiotics, and regular pain reflief. It's a good job I love my fur babies as much as I do. Now some of you are probably wondering why I don't have pet insurance on Elle and the truth is I just haven't got round to it yet. Elle has been with us since May but I have been so busy and it was one of those things I just kept putting off more fool me. I am now in the process of getting quotes but will probably go with the same company that insure baby and kindy so that they are all in one place and on one policy.

As mentioned in my last post my lovely grandad passed away on the 7th June the day after my birthday :( I have been up to London twice since he past away. Once to help arrange his funeral, and once for the funeral itself. It was a very sad day and I found it very difficult to hold myself together. Brad and Ben were fabulous and I could not be any prouder with how they conducted themselves. The service was incredibly fitting to my grandad's memory playing songs such as match of the day, flowers made into a football pitch, and at the end my dad getting up and announcing "They think it's all over, it is now" to which everyone stood up and cheered. My grandad was a semi professional referee in his younger days and football was his life. He would have been so proud of how things turned out that day.

Here are a few pictures of the other things we have been getting up to so far in July.....


Lots more home school



The good thing about home education is on really hot days like we have been getting recently Brandon can strip off and still get on with his school work without getting hot and sweaty.



Miss Elle Belle has been getting lots of cuddles where she has been a poorly girl. Who am I kidding she always gets lots of cuddles lol.


Talk about making yourself comfortable Elle lol


Brandon had a major sort out of his teddies


He had hundreds of them


These are just a few of the ones he is trying to sell. Any that don't sell will be given to charity.


Now that Ben is older I felt it was time for him to take on the responsibility of his rabbit for himself. I have been teaching him how to clean him out properly recently.


Ben's computer chair broke the other day and literally the next day this one became available on one of the free sites. Ben was lucky enough to receive it totally free of charge and walked up to collect it and wheeled it home. It's in fabulous clean condition and I have no idea why they were getting rid of it but am thankful Ben was chosen to receive it :)


The first room I am working on in the house is the front room and I wanted to share with you one of the fabulous free ways I am decorating the walls. This beautiful frame was given to me last Xmas but had sat in the cupboard since then cost FREE. The pictures were printed off the internet using a printer recently given to me by a good friend who had it going spare as well as fresh ink cost FREE. Even the paper the pictures were printed on was FREE given to the boys by grandad as he gets lots given to him at work.



So that gives you all a rough idea on how July is progressing for us so far. Stay tuned for me doing up the house on a budget. I will be doing the whole house top to bottom as cheaply as possible.

Much Love
Claire xx xx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment