Pages

Friday 4 November 2011

3rd Nov 2011

Today I have been looking at ways I can make some extra cash. Its been ages since ive had a good clear out so decided to have a look round and find what we no longer use or need and sell it on ebay. I was suprised to see how much stuff we dont use anymore or in some cases have never used at all. So over the next few days I will be putting these items up on ebay to make a few extra pounds. I have also had the idea of making personalised calenders, bookmarks, name meaning certificates, and clocks to sell on etsy with xmas coming up I think these could sell pretty well. I have also been looking at ways I can save money. First I looked at all my outgoings and got rid of all my subscriptions. Second I looked for better deals on my electric, phone, internet, t.v, pet insurance and managed to cut these outgoings by half. Third I have looked at reducing my shoping costs by buying value own brand alternatives. Fourth I have switched from cigarettes to roll ups. I have also joined free cycle its a great place where people put up their unwanted items for others to have free of charge you can also post wanted ads if there is something you need you can check them out here www.freecycle.org . At the minute I dont have 2 pennies to rub together and Brad needs new school uniform his trousers have lost their clasps and so they keep falling down. Well you have heard the saying "make do and mend" that is exactly what I have done today I took an old black bra of mine that I no longer wear and cut off the clasps and sewed them onto his trousers and hey presto they are fixed. He also needs new school shoes so I had a good look around on ebay and managed to pick him up a brand new pair for just £7.50 and free p&p bargain. I also needed a few items for Ben but am lucky enough that a friend of mine has a son 6 months older than Ben and he goes to the same school so she has just given me some shirts and a pair of school shoes that no longer fit her little boy result. When I was searching for items we no longer use I was lucky enough to find 3 pairs of trainers in very good condition 1 of which will do for Ben when his feet get a bit bigger and the other 2 for Brandon so they have been put away ready for use in a few months time. I also made a very frugal dinner tonight it was pork bolognaise this is the recipie and priceing for this meal.



Pork bolognaise     Serves 4
500g Pork chunks
250g Dried pasta
1 Jar of bolognaise sauce
Dried mixed herbs
Olive oil
1= I fried the pork chunks in a little olive oil and mixed herbs untill the meat was cooked through.
2= I then added the jar of bolognaise sauce and left to simmer while the pasta was boiling
3= Once the pasta was cooked I added this to the frying pan with the meat mixture gave it all a good stir and left to simmer for a few more minutes.
4= I dished it up and served with bread and butter
costing
500g Pork chunks £0.00 (I bartered some of my personalised products in return for 1 1/2kg of pork chunks)
250g Dried pasta £0.09 (I brought 500g of value dried pasta at asda for 18p)
1 Jar of bolognaise sauce £0.21 (value bolognaise sauce at asda)
Dried mixed herbs £0.00 (I had them in my store cupboard)
Olive oil £0.00 (I had this in my store cupboard also) 

Total cost 30p                 Cost per serving 7.5p

Thats it for me today but I will be back tomorrow to share more of my journey of frugal living.
Much Love
Claire
xx xx xx
p.s if you have any tips on living a frugal life please let me know about them I would be very gratefull thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment